Saturday, January 15, 2011

Old to New- A Pillow Story


Over Christmas break I learned how to make pillows and sort of got on a kick. I went to Goodwill and found three pillows I thought were the perfect size and price...$4 for all three. This is why I love Goodwill! 
I chose to use already made pillows as my forms because lets face it, you can't beat $4. Had I purchased stuffing or forms at a crafting store like Michael's or JoAnn's I would have paid around $30 for all three. 
Picture
As you can see the pillows definitely aren't my style, but I threw them in the washer and then starting making my pillow slips. I chose to do pillow slips so I could wash them easier and more frequently without hurting the shape of the pillow. 
Picture
In the end between the fabric and the cost of the pillows I wound up spending about $15 for all three pillows. You could certainly do it for less...I just happened to pick out one of the most expensive materials...oops. However, I think when you make your own pillows you can afford to splurge a little. After all, I did make them for cheaper than what I would have paid in just pillow forms! 
Picture
Don't they look wonderful in my new chair!?! 



1 comment:

  1. Great job on the pillows...they look great! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!

    ReplyDelete