Friday, April 8, 2011

Flower Pin Tutorial

Spring has finally sprung...and I am in some {desperate} need of bright and cheerful colors! Here is a project I shared a few weeks back on my blog swap with Funkymom Cards. Enjoy!


The Flower Pin Tutorial

First thing I did was gather my supplies

I used two sizes of circles made out of felt, the smaller is roughly 2.5 inches wide and the bigger is about 3.5 inches wide. 

I traced around the big circle on my green fabric 8 times and then cut them out. 

I then folded the circles until I had a "piece of pie". I secured them with a straight pin to keep it in the "pie" shape. 

I repeated this process over and over until I had 8 of the green and 8 of the patterned material (use smaller circle here). 

Next, I ironed each piece to make it lay flat. I then removed the pin.

I took the biggest felt circle and began sewing the green pieces to it until the white circle was completely covered. 

Then I repeat the same process by sewing on the smaller pieces. (Make sure to place one smaller piece in the middle (space) of two of the larger pieces).

I added a decorative button to the middle to make it really pop. 

Finally, I took the smaller felt circle and cut two small slits in it and put a pin through the slits. I then hot glued this circle on to the back of the flower pin to ensure the pin stays.

And there you have it....Your new Spring Accessory! 

2 comments:

  1. Super cool!!! New follower here! I think I'll have to try making one of these for my daughter. She loves big flowers and accessories!

    I have 2 Giveaways going on my blog - stop over and check them out!

    www.brewingdaily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute idea. Thanks for the tutorial! :)

    ReplyDelete