Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Scarf in less than 5 minutes

I went to Joann's last week and bought a lot of fabric on sale. Can't beat 50% off already reduced prices!! 

One of the fabrics I bought is Mizzou's school colors...

I got a 1/2 yard for $1.25!!! 

I decided this would make a great scarf! So I wanted to cut it in half. I'm not sure what kind of material this is, but it's really light weight. The lady at Joann's was nice enough to tell me you have to tear it, not cut it, to get a perfect line. So I made a slight cut with my scissors and then ripped it into two.  

It's a little shorter than I would have liked, but for $0.75 I really cant complain!!

Sorry this picture is blurry, but you can still see how cute it is! The whole process took me less than 5 minutes (I did it this morning before going to work). I might go back and sew a few stitches around the frayed edges, but for now I love it! 

Total Estimated Costs: 
Material.....................$0.75 (1/2 yard originally $2.50 with 50% off and then used half) 

Total..........................$0.75



1 comment:

  1. That is super cute Caitlin! I wish I could wear yellow. Once yellow gets anywhere near my face, I look like I'm sick. :) Great idea and what a steal!

    ReplyDelete