Wednesday, April 27, 2011

New Unique Tee for ME

I am lucky enough to work at a College that allows "casual" Fridays. This means jeans and a college t-shirt for me every Friday! However, I get SO tired of wearing the same t-shirts over and over. As some of you know, I am rather cheap frugal and hate spending $10+ on a simple t-shirt. Well, I was cleaning at work a few weeks back and found a lot of old patches with our college seal on them...


 The lightbulb went off and I immediately remembered Old Navy was having a $5 sale on their v-neck t-shirts...I got a gray one. Perfect!  

I got out some heat 'n' bond I had on hand and cut a circle the same size as the patch

I then attached the heat 'n' bond to the patch using the iron....so simple!

After the glue had bonded I removed the backing 

I put the shirt on and used straight pins to place the patch where I wanted it.

Then I turned the shirt inside out and put the ironing board between the inside of the shirt. This was the glue doesn't bond to the back of the shirt as well...

Now I have a unique shirt that no one else will be wearing :) 

TOTAL ESTIMATED COSTS

T-shirt...................$5.00
Heat and bond.......FREE 
Patch.....................FREE 

Total.....................$5.00



No comments:

Post a Comment