Monday, April 4, 2011

Velcro Wreath for Every Season or Holiday

I don't decorate for every season because I hate having to store all the items for 11 months out of the year. However, I think I came up with a good solution for people like me...a simple wreath that is interchangeable for each holiday. Yes, there is still a little storage required, but no more than a shoebox size! 

Here are the supplies I used... 
The wreath and the ribbon came from the dollar store and then the rest came from Hobby Lobby. 

First, I made a bow out of the ribbon and added velcro to the top of the wreath. This will allow for me to change the bow for each holiday/season. 

Next, I painted the wooden piece with gray paint I had on hand and then hot glued it to the wreath since this is the only piece that will stay on year round. 

I then painted the letters "WELCOME" with white paint and attached them with glue to the gray piece. I placed more velcro at the bottom of the wreath to allow for decorations to be changed out. 
{I some how managed to miss taking a picture of this part}

Here is the finished product...my Spring wreath. 
I'll try to remember to show you how my wreath changes for each holiday and/or season! 

Estimated Costs
Wreath.............$1.00
Ribbon............$1.00 (used 1.5 feet out of 9)
Wood..............$1.50 (used 40% off coupon) 
Velcro.............$0.50 (had on hand) 
White Paint.....$1.00 
Letters............ $1.00 ($3.00 for a whole pack)
Bird................$0.50
Hot Glue........$0.50

Total Costs: $7.00



3 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea! Using interchangeable decorations is the perfect solution for a low maintenance and storage efficient decoration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Love the velcro idea...that stuff rocks! I am thinking up a summer wreath right now. =-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute Love your ideas (great for apartment girls like myself)

    ReplyDelete